Saturday 21 March 2009

Canada Bans Entery of George Galloway (For Arranging Aid for Gaza?)

One of the most disturbing interviews I've seen took place last night on Channel 4 news. The Neo-Con government in Canada has labeled George Galloway a terrorist and banned him from entering Canada. He was due to give talks to peace organisations including invitations to talk by Christian Churches. The instigator of this ban is Meir Weinsten who is the national director of the Canadian branch of the extremist group, the Jewish Defense League. Below are to video clips, the first is the Channel 4 report, the second is the interview of George Galloway and Meir Weinsten. Toward the end of the second interview Weinsten declares that if Galloway manages to speak to anyone in Canada by any means the Canadian Government will monitor and investigate any organisation or individual including Christian Churches who aid or listen to him. I leave it to you to judge who the extremist, terrorist and opponent to free speech is in this situation.







3 comments:

Bhavesh Chhatbar said...

All those things mean differently — Terrorism, Extremism, etc.

Swaminarayan Temple in Dwarka
Funny, Rare, Artistic, Unique, Weird, Creative, Informative

Bhavesh Chhatbar said...

Well, and just wanted to bring it to your attention that this post is difficult to read because of the color-combination. I wanted to read, so I used Ctrl+A, but maybe, other readers won't be able to read your post.

Bedse Caves

Canopus said...

Thank you Bhavesh for bringing this to my attention, I had not checked my Google Blogs so had not realised what was happening. Most of these blogs are originally published on my Multiply site http://canopusarchives.multiply.com/ and I have them automatically exported to here. My Multiply site is set up so that the style sheet uses white text which when exported to here becomes black text. However, for greater clarity on my Multiply site I was formatting the text with a black background, but, this was not in the style sheet. Result, when exported to here it ended up as black text on a black background. :)

Will have to either tweak the style sheet on Multiply or else remember to pop over hear and do a bit of editing every time I export here. They should be all readable now though.

Thanks again,

Rob